- Child Emergency Foundation International -
CEFI was founded by two caring individuals: Nsamba Abdullah Mohammad and Hajat Sarah Nantale.
It started as Islamic Child Support Uganda (ICSU) in 2011 as a Community Based Organization (CBO) and was registered in the republic of Uganda under Registration number NAK/13/377. The aim of ICSU was to help children in the community and care for 200 orphaned kids.
With above achievement in the community, CEFI was able to expand. We found out that they are much more children who are suffering and no one has come to their rescue. ICSU was re-structured and registered as an Child Emergency Foundation International (CEFI) - international non-profit organization, registration number 21377 and a new name,.
CEFI opened branches in other parts of the country: Jinja, Bugerere in Kayunga district and Bukoto - Kampala which is the main branch.
CEFI relies solely on sponsored money and donations from people and organizations. 100% of all donations go to the betterment of the children.
Every Child Matters To Us.
- Mission Statement -
Islamic Child Support Organization is a non-denominational and not for profit community based organization located in Mulimira, Uganda. The organization focuses its attention on the underserved and underrepresented community of vulnerable children abandoned or uncared for through typical family systems by providing structure, education, and a caring community. ICSU has never closed its doors on a child in need, and are always seeking more sponsorship to create growth and opportunity for its underserved and voiceless constituency.
- Objectives -
We believe in promoting the social welfare of orphaned children and other vulnerable groups of children in the community and our main objectives are:
- To rehabilitate orphaned children and other vulnerable groups of children.
- To educate and offer scholastic materials to orphans and other vulnerable children.
- To sensitize the community, especially parents, guardians and cure-takers about the fundamental rights and values of young children.
- To train and develop functional skills amongst orphaned young children.
- To network and partner with sister-organizations, civil-society organizations, local council governments. Donor organizations, corporate institutions as well as the Central Government to share knowledge and build capacity to ensure that children's lives are fully transformed.
- Our Programs -
In execution of its vision and objectives, Child Emergency Foundation International (CEFI) carries out a range of programs that include:
- Formal Education
- Livelihood Support
- Child Training and Counseling
- Skills and Talent Development
- Child Rights Protection
- Community sensitization.
- Income generating programs.
Everyone is welcome to visit us. Have a lunch with us, sing, dance, see our projects or stay for a longer period of time and volunteer.
- Rehabilitation Programs -
Since its inception, Child Emergency Foundation International has taken steps to adopt general strategies and plan of action to realize its comprehensive objectives of promoting the socio-welfare of the orphaned young children in society amidst numerous challenges in execution of its programs.
Under the rehabilitation program, Child Emergency Foundation International (CEFI) has steadily progressed from its first rental home centre to another level of acquiring a new home centre that lakes care of over 240 young orphaned children and other vulnerable groups of children in community.
A series of designed activities take place at the centre among them that include: routine guidance and counseling, theological lessons, skills training and development.
The primary factor of this program is to enhance child development to purposely promote self-esteem as a key transformation tool towards child development.